Garfield High School Counseling
Vision Statement: We are committed to ensuring that ALL students are equitably supported in their academic, social-emotional, and college & career development.
Mission Statement: We provide counseling services that are based on the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model (www.schoolcounselor.org). In partnership with students, families, staff and community resources, we aim to provide students with a comprehensive support system that facilitates and encourages academic success, social-emotional health, and college & career readiness.
Office Hours: 8 am–4 pm
Garfield 2021-2022 Counselors
To make a counseling appointment, please e-mail your assigned counselor.
All 9th Grade
- Kandace Alston, Head Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
A – Ko (Last Name), 10th/11th/12th
- Daniel Lee, email@example.com
Kp-Z (Last Name), 10th/11th/12th
- Ken Courtney, firstname.lastname@example.org
Running Start (11th/12th), 504 (All grades), English Language Learners (All grades)
- Ray Willis, email@example.com
Counseling Support Staff
- Traci Ikegami, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Chow, email@example.com
College and Career
- Tiffany Bigham, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Young, email@example.com
- Porcia Beard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Intervention Specialist
Tier 2 Care Coordinator – Coordinated School Health Services
- Eseosa Orhuozee, email@example.com