Garfield High School Counseling
Vision Statement: We are committed to ensuring that ALL students are equitably supported in their academic, social-emotional, and college & career development.
Mission Statement: We provide counseling services that are based on the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model. In partnership with students, families, staff and community resources, we aim to provide students with a comprehensive support system that facilitates and encourages academic success, social-emotional health, and college & career readiness.
Services: brief overview of services provided by the Counseling Dept.
- Academic Supports
- course registration & schedule adjustments
- graduation requirement tracking & consulting
- credit retrieval consultation
- academic resources & teacher consultation
- Social/Emotional Support
- Crisis response and intervention
- Small group workshops around various topics
- Referrals and consultation
- College & Career Development
- facilitate Naviance lessons to support student growth in college & career knowledge
- support with college applications, financial aid, job opportunities, apprenticeships, etc.
- planning for graduation pathways that can lead to career opportunities
Garfield Counselor Caseload Assignments
To make a counseling appointment, please e-mail your assigned counselor.
Grade 9 Last Names (A-Z)
Grades: 10, 11, 12 Last Names (A-Go)
Grades: 10, 11, 12 Last Names (Gr-Ng)
Grades: 10, 11, 12 Last Names (Ni-Z)
Counseling Support Staff