Attendance Matters… Be Present in Class, It is Your Stepping Stone to Knowledge, Power, and Your Future Success!
How to Submit the Attendance Form:
- Complete the Garfield High School Attendance Form
- The Form is automatically received and recorded after submitted. Please DO NOT email a copy of the responses.
- Ms. Hubbard MUST receive the form within TWO days of student returning to school.
- If no reason is provided on Garfield High School Attendance Form the absence cannot be recorded for the student.
- If your student is SICK, FIVE (5) or more CONSECUTIVE SCHOOL DAYS, a physician’s note is REQUIRED in order to excuse the absence(s). The note can be emailed to:
- Please allow 48 hours for Attendance changes to occur on the students record.
- If a student receives an automated messenger call OR email for period(s) they were NOT absent in, the student needs to talk to the teacher. The Attendance Office WILL NOT make changes requested by the student or parent/guardian; we must be notified by the teacher. The teacher will confirm the error and let the Attendance Office know that the change can be made. Please check the Source AFTER three (3) days of talking to the teacher to make sure that the change has occurred.
- Please email your student’s teacher(s) if you have concerns about ANY of your student’s unexcused absence(s) in a class.
Questions? Please contact Colette Hubbard:
Colette Hubbard (Ms. Hubbard)
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The State Board of Education and Garfield High School identify the following as excused absences:
- Approved pre-planned absences
- Court summons (proof required)
- Death in the immediate family
- Field trips with GHS staff that have been approved by administration
- Illness of student
- Lack of SPS transportation (not including Metro)
- Medical appointments
- Observance of full day religious holidays
- State emergency
- Violent/hazardous weather
The Seattle Public Schools Board of Directors has adopted an Attendance Policy and other Attendance Information.