Free Tutoring Services
Seattle Public Libraries. Various branches including Douglass Truth branch.
- Contact your local library for tutoring days and hours. There is also online homework help and tutoring available: http://www.spl.org/using-the-library/get-help/homework-help
Khan Academy. Online Tutoring for all subjects.
Study Skills. Quick Tips.
- Organize backpack and binders
- No loose papers in backpack
- Make sure to have 1 folder/section for each class / keep newest papers in front
- Label everything with your name and date
- Use Technology
- Check the Source daily for updates, assignments, and other information (see librarian if you need help with log in)
- E-mail with your teachers regularly to check in and ask questions
- Use a to-do list/calendar app to set reminders and track deadlines on your phone (i.e. Evernote, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Take notes during class
- Write down any questions, notes, thoughts, or reminders when teachers are lecturing
Contact your school counselor if you need support or have questions. Counseling Office is in room 104
- Traci Ikegami, Counseling Secretary, email@example.com
- Kandace Alston (9th grade students), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Courtney (10th – 12th grade, Last Names Kp-Z), email@example.com
- Daniel Lee (10th – 12th grade, Last Names A-Ko), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray Willis (Running Start, ELL, 504 students), email@example.com