Testing and Assessments
AP Exams In May 2023
The 2023 AP Exams will be administered in school over two weeks in May 2023: May 1–5 and May 8–12.
In addition, the College Board assesses a cancellation fee for any exams that are not taken in May. For that reason, students who are unable to take the AP exam(s) after their exam has been ordered for any reason are eligible for a partial refund of $67 per exam of their $107 exam fee. Students eligible for a fee reduction would forfeit their $10 deposit to offset this cancellation fee.
See College Board for registration, testing dates, and general information.
Contact Regina Carr; email@example.com with questions. Please contact College Board with questions regarding registration.
AP Exam Registration is Closed
Deadline was Nov 4, 2022
Seattle Public School (SPS) students who wish to take AP exams at their high school must register to take the exam(s) by the district-wide AP Registration & Fees Payment Deadline of Nov 4, 2022. The fee for AP Exams this year is $107 per exam. Students eligible for free and reduced lunch must pay a $10 deposit to secure their exam order by this registration deadline. Payments (either $107 or $10 per exam) are made for each exam on SchoolPay on the family Source Account.
Registration & Payment
- Register for AP Exam(s) through College Board using your College Board login information.
- Pay for exams through SchoolPay on the family Source Account and indicate which exams you are taking before Nov, 4, 2022.
*Just because you are in a class or have paid for it does not mean that you are registered. If you haven’t paid for it, your registration will be canceled.
Testing at Garfield HS School Year 22-23
Any of these pathways will fulfill the requirement:
- SBAC – must score at least Level 3
- SAT – must score a 410 in English and/or a 430 in math
- ACT – must score a 14 in English and/or a 16 in math
- AP – must score a 3 or above on a math and/or English test, passing the course is not enough
- Running Start – must pass a 100 level or above course in math and/or English
- ASVAB – must earn a score of 31 or above, will qualify for both math and English
AP Exams, PSAT, SAT and ACT Information
Contact Ms. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions regarding, SBAC, PSAT/SAT, and AP Testing.