Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Garfield Community Partners
    At Garfield High School, we partner with various community organizations that provide important supports for our students and families. These organizations provide vital services and opportunities for our communities, including counseling, case management, mental health services, youth engagement, drug & alcohol prevention, mentoring, academic tutoring, culturally specific supports, etc.

    504 Coordinator
    Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is a Federal civil rights law that is designed to help students who have a mental or physical impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. Please contact your school counselor to discuss the appropriateness of a 504.

    College & Career Info:
    • Stop by Rm 103 for College and Career resources.
    • Visit the College & Career Center web page for college and career information, scholarships, events and enrichment opportunities.


    ​Grade Review Process:
    According to the School District policies, teachers have the academic freedom and independence in the classroom to grade students as they see fit. Here are the instructions on the procedure to file a Grade Review. Please see your counselor for a hard copy.

    • Step ONE: Talk with the teacher about your grade. See if the two of you can come up with a fair solution to resolve the matter.
    • Step TWO: Speak with the Department Chair if you and your teacher can’t come to a satisfactory resolution. Talking with the department chair is just to have a third party take a look at the evidence. The department chair may not be able to intervene.
    • Step THREE: Meet with the principal only if you can prove extreme discrimination or biased behavior in the grading process. You will receive a "P" grade if it has been determined that you were indeed discriminated against.

    Other Resources:

    • Teen Health Center (THC) - (206) 860-0480
    • School Nurse - Rebecca Dubin (206) 252-2277,
    • Teen Link - 1-866-TEENLINK (866) 833-6546 or (206) 461-4922. Teen Link is an anonymous confidential teen help line that is answered every evening by professionally trained youth. Teens are trained to talk with their peers about a wide variety of concerns, as well as refer callers to specialized agencies that can further address their needs.
    • Where to Turn for Teens - This booklet provides a wide variety of services to youth ranging from housing and food to counseling around mental health issues, teen parenting, substance abuse and LGBTQ issues.
    • 2-1-1 Community Information Line - 211 or (206) 461-3200
    • Crisis Clinic - Children's Crisis Outreach Response Team - (206) 461-3222 The Crisis Clinic is a 24 hour phone in help line. They are prepared to deal with all types of issues.
    • Child Protective (CPS) or Family Reconciliation Services (FRS) - (800) 609-8764 This one phone number can be used to report child abuse or to request assistance for a family that is struggling with family issues.Research and Data