Please click appropriate class for class specific announcements:
2017 - 2018 - 2019 - 2020
- SPS Summer School - Applications are available now and are due by April 28th to your school counselor. Students must have taken and not passed a course in order to be eligible to take a summer school course (with the exception of WA State History). Please click here to access the application.
- New Students for the 2017/2018
school year - District Enrollment will notify all high schools of the
2017-2018 enrollment assignments on April 7th, 2017 at 2pm. Garfield
will then mail out all 2017-2018 Registration packets on April 10th.
Please contact District Admissions, as soon as possible to make
arrangements for Fall https://www.seattleschools.org/admissions. Once you receive the 2017-2018 Registration packet, go to the Course Registration page for additional information and for information regarding the 2017-2018 school year registration process.
- Class of 2019: It’s time for your 10th Grade Meeting! This is an important meeting. We want you to meet with your counselor before you make your course requests for next year! We’ll discuss how you did last year and how you are doing now. We'll make a plan for next year and discuss courses for 12th grade too. And, yes, we'll talk about life after high school! Please see Ms. Traci in the Counseling Office to schedule your meeting.
- Class of 2017: Hey
12th grader! The Counseling Office would love your feedback about your
12th Grade Meeting and the Classroom Meeting with Mr. Courtney. Click this link and complete the survey. It's short and anonymous. Thanks for completing the survey!
- Online Credit Retrieval Courses: Online class registration is now closed for 2nd semester. Please see Ms. Alston in September 2017 to register for 1st semester online classes.
- Do you need to make up a class
for graduation? Can't fit Health or WA State History into your
schedule? Then the online credit retrieval program is for you!!!
Registration appointments begin Monday, January 23, 2017 and will end
Monday, March 13, 2017, or when spaces fill up. Beginning on Wednesday,
January 11, 2017, you can stop by the Counseling
Office during NON-Class times only, to see Ms. Alston and sign up for an appointment .
Appointments are on a first come, first served basis, so get in early to
reserve your spot. Once they are gone, you will have to wait until the
next available semester to sign up!!!
- PE Waivers: The deadline to submit a PE waiver for 1st semester of 2016-17, is March 1st, 2017. The deadline for 2nd semester PE waiver is October 1st, 20 17. For 12th grade students, please submit your PE waiver prior to senior check out. The form is available here. You can drop off the completed forms to Ms. Lenora Lee in room 209 or in her mailbox in the main office.
- Running Start Students: You must fill out and take the Running Start application to your Seattle Public Schools counselor prior to registering for and attending Running Start courses each quarter. See Running Start page for additional information.
Class of 2017:
- Schedule your 12th Grade Meeting in September, October or November! See the counseling secretary in the Counseling Office starting the second week of school to make your appointment. We'll check your graduation requirements, make sure you have the right courses and talk about life after high school!
- FAFSA filing begins October 1st, 2016. Don't wait - gather your documents now and be ready to file! If you have questions, please see your counselor.
- The test date will be TBD. Please check the Counseling website frequently for updates. 12th graders need to complete the PE Competency Exam in order to meet that graduation requirement. All 12th graders must complete this graduation requirement either by passing the Personal Fitness class or by taking the Competency Exam. If you don't know your status, check with your counselor. Here is the link to a study guide for the exam.
- Important Dates and Information for the Class of 2017
Class of 2018:
- Schedule your 11th Grade Meeting in February, March and April! See the counseling secretary in the Counseling Office to make your appointment. We'll talk graduation requirements and life beyond high school!
Class of 2019:
- Schedule your 10th Grade Meeting in December, January and February! See the counseling secretary in the Counseling Office to
make your appointment. We'll talk graduation and beyond!
Class of 2020:
- Ms. Alston will be meeting with 9th grade LA classes in the fall to complete the High School and Beyond Plan and throughout the year, supporting them in their transition to high school.