As a diverse learning community of students, families, and professional educators, we respect both our differences and similarities in race, ethnicity, culture, language, religion, ideology, life choices, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, physical and mental differences, gender, age, appearance, and marital status. As Garfield Bulldogs we, the students, staff and families, work toward:
- A climate of trust and respect; these are essential for an effective learning environment.
- High standards and expectations for all students, with provisions for their individual learning styles.
- Creating and promoting a positive environment for all to understand that doing so is everybody's responsibility.
- Assuming personal responsibility for achieving our school's educational culture of student achievement.
Recognizing our diverse history, Garfield educates all students as they build personal confidence, become active citizens and achieve academic excellence. Equity is at the heart of our school.
To accomplish this goal, Garfield commits itself to involving school personnel, community members, students, and their families as partners in an ongoing process of educational improvement. We construct an environment of excellence and ethical growth for all. Students, faculty and staff continuously work to learn and grow.
Our Transformation Goals
Staff Members worked together to formulate the following:
- Enhance staff collaboration, trust and mutual support within the contract day.
- Implement targeted teaching and learning strategies to eliminate disproportionality in student achievement in the areas of reading, writing and math.
- Develop staff skills (i.e., teaching techniques and learning strategies) across the curriculum in reading, writing and math.
- Create personalized education and smaller learning communities for all students.
- Coordinate parent engagement and community support for Garfield.
<< back to top